Friday, March 19, 2010

re-addressing mediocrity from Colorado

There are several things I would like to address today. My endeavor is not to leave on a sour note but to have imparted a bit of inspiration to all who desire to go to the next level in life. Up your game..............I promise this is not the the last time you will hear that and there will be a quiz later. Listen up.
I'm in the dining room listening to Nancy speak with another stellar state employee by the name of Mike Watson. This is the man who is responsible for all the 911 addressing in Hill county. Her question to him was as follows: "I would like to verify the address of our farm as we are about to have a drive way installed and start building" I should mention that the only message on this guys voice mail at his office with the county was "leave a message" then the beep. Anyhow Mike calls her back and says to her that our address is 1289 not 1293.........He goes thru his explanation of how he figured that out and thats the deal. Well being the inquisitive young man I am I just had to ask. Ask what? you say? Well since we own the entire last block exiting Hill county ie:addressing beginning @ 1200-13???? I asked Nancy to ask the question. Here it is, Since we own all this street frontage AND all the deeds filed with the county, all the applications for utilities, all the mail is sent to, all the contracts regarding this say 1293, why cant we just keep this address? Mikes response was this and I quote. "Hmmm, That would be a lot easier, wouldnt it?"
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to believe leadership rose to the top.
I now believe that 80 percenters float to the top like an old turd forcing all of the leaders of tomorrow out of the way. We need to fight the 80 percenters that are over running our country!!! How you ask? UP YOUR GAME!!! When asked to walk a mile with someone grab their hand and show them a marathon!!! Show humanity that there is a higher level to apsire to. We can do this. Be a 100 percenter!!! Set the bar HIGH!! Upon doing this you will also find that other 100 percenters will be attracted to you. In business and on a personal level. People of excellence. The losers will fall away like chaff in the wind freeing you to be the person God created you to be, to be someone you never dreamed possible.
I implore you. Set the bar high enough so that it is hard work for you to meet your own standards. This will make you a better person and cause others who are dissatisfied with their mediocre existence to aspire to rise to the top.
Next entry we will be examining the life of my mail carrier, yes the mail carrier who insists that I cange my name to one of 3 choices, Mr. Compressor World, John Swindle or Raymond Gonzales....good grief.....and there is always the that other question looming in the background....who's getting my mail?

Robert W. Hardter

2 comments:

  1. Are you high? I am only going to read your blog if you are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem here. Must be a national disease...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete