Saturday, October 2, 2010

more & more

Tony Curtis and now Steven Cannell. The men and women that entertained us as well as helped shape us in our formative years are passing from this plane in to a existence unseen by us. Tony was a man of amazing talent and gifting but slightly lacking in mercy or in need of great mercy.....married 5 times...... Steven Cannell, writer of Baa Baa Black Sheep, The Rockford Files and a slew of others...dead @ 69. Let the voice of your mortality speak to you (Holy Spirit)
I spent Friday and Saturday with my beautiful wife at our farm, enjoying God's creation in its purist form. Wow, really makes me grateful for the life I have. When I take a few minutes I realize just how much junk I have. Just having a computer to share with you is a tremendous thing. God has been good to me....real real goood. How old were you yesterday? Today you are one step closer to your grave. The end of building your legacy. I attended 2 friends funerals this summer. Ross, age 59 and Tim, age 56. Never guessed that would be happening when I met them 15 years ago. I believe funerals are for the living, not the dead. The dead are done (strongest word in the English language if I need to remind anyone). Nobody seemed to want to talk to me at the funerals save the pleasantry's casually mentioned to replace any meaningful intimacy. Maybe I made a left turn and nobody wants to forgive me and let things go. Maybe somebody has a stick up their ass and is willing to sacrifice everything they learned in Sunday school to prove out how principled they are (sloan)It's all ok. Another 50 years or so and I'll be dead too. I hope somewhere in my epitaph it uses the word "principled"...........or at the very least "genuine"

1 comment:

  1. or...just a thought...maybe it wasn't about what YOU may have done or said...maybe THEY were going through something themselves that you don't know about, that made them act aloof :)
    All you can do, is put your BEST SELF out there, and if you don't get positive feed back, the ball is in their court at that point.
    But if there is restitution to be made on your part, that needs to be done, before anyone can move forward.
    Just some thoughts from an "old" puppy that has hopefully acquired some wisdom along the long dusty road :)

    ReplyDelete