Monday, April 18, 2011

Curve Ball

I was wandering down memory lane yesterday. Rembering when I was given a beautiful almost new craftsman shop-vac. Sooooooo proud and happy to add this new tool to my arsenal of tools!! I tossed it it the back of my truck along with all the other items waiting to be processed into my shop. As the story goes all was good and the next morning was church and I was running late so I decided instead of going to the shop I would simply toss it in the truck when I got to church. Idiot proof plan. Well about 5 miles into my journey I gazed into my rear view mirror to find my prized shop-vac GONE!!!! Wind must have blown it out as it was resting on a "few" "unprocessed" items. I U-turned in the middle of the highway to retrace my steps, determined no one else would have my vac I traveled at a modest 85-90 mph in search of my beloved vac. Passing people at a rate that some would deem reckless I didnt care, it was MY NEW SHOP-VAC !!!! Turn after turn I searched the ditches on both sides of the road for my vac. All the way back to my very own driveway and no shop-vac. Disappointment over came me. I made up my mind, some theivin rat-bastard stole my shop-vac!!! Anybody with any sense of decency would just know that a man would come back in search of his shop-vac............then I saw it..........no, not my shop-vac but a small piece of extension cord caught between my tail gate and the bed rail of my truck. OMG. As I walked behind my truck I experienced a completely new level of disappointment. Behind my truck there lie my shop-vac having been helplessly dragged down the highway at 90 mph for 5 miles. I wondered what the many people were thinking as I screamed past them in my truck watching me drag the shit out of my shop-vac..........I think there is a moral to this story but just not sure what is. :-((

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your shop vac.....but can't stop laughing. Thanks for the belly laughs :)(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the shop vac I gave you?!?! The one with the missing wheel that you promptly removed the other 3 wheels so it was back to being a staple, non wobly shop vac?

    ReplyDelete