Sunday, July 4, 2010

Annie Get Your Gun!!!!!

Well it finally happened. Today we spotted our first snake out at the farm. Eeeewwhhh!!! I hate snaaaakes.... Nancy and I were trimming trees so we could have a area clear to work with the horses near the camp site and thats when it happened. As we were loading some limbs into the trailer she heard our pooch Laz let out a yelp. Thats right, he got bit...right on the face....by a copperhead!!! Poor dog. Dumb as he is he just didn't have enough sense to stay out of the snakes way. He had to stick his nose right down there to get a real good look. Now I now what your thinking. It's just a dogs nature to be curious about something new on the ground but this isn't the case as this snake bit him right where the last copperhead got a hold of him!!! Yup, bit on the face twice. shit he's retarded. At this point let the confusion begin. Totally forgetting I have a 12 guage shot gun in the truck for just such an occasion I ask her to hand me my 9mm pistol. What a CF that turned out to be. Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam......and so on untill the 15 round clip was empty. What the hell am I supposed to to do now? Just so happened this all took place while I was putting up lag bolts in the trees to tie up the horses so I took tha hammer already in my hand and beat that snake to pieces that I had already scared shitless unloading the 9mm all around him. He proly should of just stayed in bed today. I asked Nancy if she was sure Laz was gonna be ok AND if she was sure he wouldn't be anymore retarded from being bit on the face again as his face was now swollen like the michelin man and her answer was no......just no

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! Thanks for the laughs...I needed that tonight :)
    Hope your puppy is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, the problem herein lies in the fact that poor Laz just can't tell the difference between the now demised snake's ass or face. Dogs say hello by sniffing one's buttocks, you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. 15 rounds? it's too bad you can't shoot as good as your baby sister.

    ReplyDelete