Monday, April 5, 2010

My mail carrier, Texas wineries & a guy named Ritchie

So much to discuss today. It was a very busy weekend. I have been promising to discuss the inadequacies of my mail carrier for some time now so we will start there but I think everybody will find the weekends happenings interesting as well.
I have lived at my current address for 2 years and 3 months. During this time my mail carrier has neither bothered to learn my name, my address or my familys names. We have established the fact that he can identify Numbers, as anything that says
"301" on it ends up in my box. There is a man down the road who shall remain nameless since he is equally as guilty as my mail carrier. I used to call him when his mail would end up in my box typically 3-4 times a week. As a good neighbor I put it in a plastic bag on a table by my back door. Weeks turned into months and the bag would fill up. Turns out he was about as interested in collecting his mail as the the carrier was in getting it to him. This man is a local business owner. I wish I could run my business this way and still turn a profit. Anyway after months of collecting his mail I gave up on this approach. We took his mail back to the post office and explained to the POST MASTER the goings on and here is her response and I quote "If I were you I'd just throw it away" OMG!!!! Can you believe that??? Aparrently I pay this person 42 cents a whack to torture me. What the hell did she tell people to do with my mail? I'd love to camp on this for a bit but onward we go. I procured a sharpie and wrote on "Compressor Worlds" mail NOT AT THIS ADDRESS on one piece of mail, on another I wrote Compressor World @ 301 EAST not WEST and you know what happened??????????????????????????? I got a nasty letter from the post master demanding I stop writing on the mail. Now this leads to another question. I am reasonably certain that I was the only one in the room when this alleged happening of defacing a wayward piece of mail took place. Sooooooooooo why was I the lucky recipient of more government hate mail? Did everybody in town with 301 in their address get one or is it possible that maybe........just maybe they know the carrier drops compressor worlds mail here and nobody give a flying .....? They sent me the letter cause I am the one who stood up and said I dont want other peoples mail, just my own please. I'm sure this is somehow related to Homeland Security and the door nazi's who work for the TSA. Hi baby girl. How ya doing today?
So at this point in time my story is simply that I receive only my own mail and nobody elses. Yes I do believe that recycling news papers, advertisements and various other mailings is good for our environment. :-)
Quick story about my famous dog "Shiner the Wonder Heeler"
We were out at the farm last week to meet the farrier as I had decided to take a pass on this trimming. After it was all done our two dogs shiner and laz were playing tag, barking at each other and doing basically dog fun things. Well shiner ends up on his back between Nancys legs wiggling around and acting kinda dorky while laz is barking up a storm trying to get shiner to play with him. I thought I would encourage shiner a bit so I looked at him and said "git him" Things kinda went south from there. Shiner jumped up and ran away. He ran straight away. He ran straight out into the pasture, picked out the biggest horse in the herd and commenced to unleashing a rain of terror on that poor horse like he had never seen before. It was that fast. At that point the wonder dog was no longer interested in anything I had to say and was completely consumed with the task at hand.....My dog is an ass.
I'm sorry horse.***mental note, dont use "git him" around the heeler.
I will address the weekend next as I really need to apply my self to some profit taking before the day is over. I have a very interesting story about a guy named Ritchie and some local wineries.
Robert

1 comment:

  1. Haaa haaa....post offices are the same all over. You have to have an IQ no higher than 55 to work at the post office. I, like you, AGAIN, received my neighbors mail today. When I call, they just say "Oh...it's you again"...LOL!

    ReplyDelete