Thursday, April 1, 2010

The sun is out

What a beautiful day!! We had a 10 am appointment with the farrier at the farm this morning. He was late.........80% Well it was just so gorgeous out Nancy had to do some fast talking to convince me to go back to work. blah. A bad day fishing is better than a good day working. I just enjoy being out there so much. All seems to be right with the world at the farm. Its quiet. Its secluded. Its just so ideal and its 25 minutes from infrastructure like tractor supply, where America's farmer shops.
Horses running here and there, wild turkey in the bush and you never know when white tail deer are gonna show up. It could be in the middle of the day when you're eating lunch at the picnic table and they just start running across the pasture. With the exception of my grandmothers goodness to me in raising me at the camp I loved in the Adirondacks I have never felt so connected to a geographical location. Its like...................its like....,well I guess its like a dream. A dream come true. I am so pumped about getting this house in the city sold and moving out to the farm. I am excited about having all my kids & grand kids out there on a regular basis so I can share it with them. I want them all to be a part of it. Most of all its a home that Nancy & I picked out together. That's really exciting!!! Two people who want the exact same thing. I have some pseudo blue prints of the cabin we are gonna build as soon as we get this place sold. We will start small then add on, trying to do it all on a cash basis. I am sick of watching all my money go out the door every month.
Hmmmmmm back to happy thoughts. I have 2 pictures of the camp in NY on my desk. They really inspire me. First they remind me of all the wonderful summers I spent with Mimi there. Thank God. I know I was a handful during the younger years and Mimi must have had to have the patience of a saint to endure but she recognized how much I needed her. I needed the stability and saneness she brought to my life. Of course I didn't know it at the time.........it was all about me. She knew. At this point I will say unabashedly to PAY IT FORWARD. Next is the inspiration I get from the courage and passion my grandfather must have had to build and own 2 homes. His intention was to build a legacy for his family to enjoy. Wow !!! What a visionary!!!
Living in today's society of instancy we loose sight of the degree of difficulty our predecessors endured for the conquest they obtained......... now its alllll freeeee. ok, the health insurance is only free to the folks who don't work. People like you and me can pick up the tab for the rest of the nation.
I must leave you now before my cynicism sneaks in and spoils it all and besides my motorcycle is calling my name. I realize there is more to be said regarding the camp and what impact it had on the members of the family but it will have to wait till next entry as well as what my hopes and dreams are for our farm. Yes I know I have said this before but I really really promise, we will address the inadequacy's of my mail carrier very soon. Keep the shiny side up!!

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost....I am happy that you have finally found your "happy" place with someone who shares the same dreams. That is what God intended for us :)
    Second, our grandparents and that little cabin in the woods made a profound difference in both our lives...for the best. It and the unconditional love of Mimi and Poppie will always be our "heart home". May they rest in Peace and I for one, look forward to being with them again.
    It is funny, because today as you wrote your blog....I too was thinking about camp and all the wonderful memories I had there...and my heart was longing to be there again.
    Funny :)

    ReplyDelete