Friday, January 14, 2011

The Fuller Brush Guy

I can't think of a more emotionally challenging job than that of being a Fuller Brush Salesman. I figure it requires people who just thrive on rejection. How in the world do you get up in the morning knowing that the first 99 folks you talk to are gonna tell you to hit the road before that one golden individual says "yes, as a matter of fact I do want some toilet bowl cleaner" These are trying times we live in. Keeping perspective on our lives is very important. I paid a even $100 to fill my truck this morning. Never thought I would live long enough to see that but that's another story. None the less my point is being grateful for what I do have, or possibly what I Don't have. I don't have to stand on a 120 degree street in August working a shovel in the city. I don't have hepatitis. I do have a fantastic wife and the Wonder Dog Shiner (yes he does have a cape). I have peace in my life. I hope you find a place of peace and contentment in your life. To be content in life is to have reconciled yourself with where you have been and willing to accept where you are going. Everybody sing with me now..."Happy trails to you.....until we again"

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Everyone should wake up every morning with that attitude :)

    ReplyDelete